Sunday, December 11, 2011

Races to Run

This morning I ran a 5k. It was nice because I got a number of free things. First I got a) Free hoody for being one of the first to sign up for the race. b) 1 free bell to ring while caroling in the future c) free beer d) some free soup & cornbread e) free energy drink. All in all, a good morning.

I also placed 11th overall in the female finishers (which kind of bothers me because the top 10 girls get put on a special list of top 10 female finishers) If I'd only run the race 20 seconds faster. I got 36th overall which leads me to think that Portland is a slow town. I don't think I've ever done so well in Richmond and I'm pretty sure I've run most of my 5K's faster than this one. Still, I can't complain as I didn't really train for speed and am really just using this race as an excuse to stay in shape.

Next up either The First Run & Walk 5K at midnight on New Years day or the Heart Breaker Half 10K on February. If I feel like spending the big bucks I will probably do both. No mater what I'm doing the Heart Breaker 10K. I own so much pink running gear that will be perfect for that race! Shout out to my Mom for all of that.

Later kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment