Monday, July 4, 2011

Under Two

So, I ran my half marathon this morning.

Woke up at 4:45, ate oatmeal, drank water, took a shower to clear up my lungs and left for the race at 5:30 in order to get there around 6:00 for my 6:45 race. After getting stuck in 42 minutes of traffic and then waiting in line for a port-a-potty for the next 10 minutes I ran over to the race start (where they had just started the race a bit late). And, not knowing my start time or what pace anyone around me was running, began the race.

I ran the first 10-11 miles at a pretty steady clip. After the first couple of miles I stayed pretty close to the same group of runners. But, kinda faded out a little with the last 2 miles or so. I checked my time though and ran the race in under two hours which is always kinda my main goal. My official time was 1hour 51minutes and 15seconds. That drops me at just under a 8:30 mile pace so I guess I can't complain.

During the race I meet a girl who was running barefoot and she was really nice to talk to and after the race everyone got strawberry short cake. Those two things were probably my favorite thing about the race. Now, weather to keep training for another race. My biggest hang up is that I want to run a race with a bigger crowd to cheer for you and none of the races I've been training for really fit that bill.

Anyways, happy 4th to all of you. Hope you're having a great day holiday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm Impressed by your time and Jackie is Really impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon-Mike and Jackie. Tell Jackie to become a follower!! I was pretty happy with the time as well. But, would like to feel better at the end of the race than I did.

    ReplyDelete