Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tax Return

I'm getting my tax return shortly. Well, I just got my VA tax return in the mail and am waiting on my federal.

Since I first found out how much I was getting back for my tax return I started planning what I was going to do with my money. Was I going to save half of it and use the other half to buy new clothes and a new pillow? Perhaps I was going to buy a dresser, and some hangers. Maybe I was about to splurge on a membership to a rock climbing gym. All of those were ideas that I had batted around a bit. I might even want to replenish my greatly diminished earing supply with some of that tax money.

But then I realized my tax money is already pledged. I'm going on vacation to CO this year and that's where my tax return is going. It's pretty nice because it costs almost exactly the amount I'm getting back to fly to and from Colorado but I can't use any of the money for anything else. Is it too greedy to wish I was getting another $400 back from the government? Maybe but that doesn't stop me from dreaming. Oh a membership at a climbing gym... what a dream.

Still, I'm pretty psyched for some good travel and fun family time. That will be really nice. I'm actually looking forward to some of that later this month for Jon-Mike & Jackie's wedding. Yay! travels! I've been pretty homesick for the past few days and it'll be really nice to see those of you on the east coast and the east coast itself later on.

Hope you all have some fun plans in your near future. That's all for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment