Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Road running

I've got the racing bug. I've just spent the last hour and a half looking up races in the Portland area.

Specifically, I'd love to be able to train for a marathon. I don't know if that's something I could do without a team of supporters but I don't know, the idea is bouncing around my head quite a bit. The race that has me really interested is the Columbia Gorge Marathon. It sounds like a beautiful event. Still, there are a few obstacles for me. One is that there aren't a lot of spectators to lend emotional support and another is I know I should shoot for a half before I try and run the whole. It's hard not to get ahead of myself. Ah!

Who wants to fly out here and help me whip myself into shape? Any volunteers?! Oh boy.... I can't stop looking up races. I've got to get myself back into running!!


4 comments:

  1. I will fly out there and offer emotional support. I dont think i can run as far as you are planning, but thats why they made cars and taught me how to drive them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get JM to run it with you since it is his birthday. What a great present it would be to finish a marathon on your b-day!
    Or, you could run the half since that is available too. If I am unemployed but have enough money then I wouldn't mind joining you. Ooh the possibilities...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel, I would love any support I can get and right now I'm only capable of running about 3 miles so we'll see if I can make enough progress in the next few months to see if I should sign up.

    Katelyn, Great Idea on the JM running the marathon. That would be a great b-day present. I really need someone here with me now to whip my but into shape AKA be my running buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i Can run with you for three miles, although i will probably bitch alot. If my knee starts acting up, you might have to drag me along, but that's OK, it will make you an even better runner

    ReplyDelete