Thursday, February 10, 2011

She's as cold as ice

Today it was beautiful, for about two hours in the middle of the day. When the sun was high in the sky, I was moving fast on my bike wearing about three layers but shedding scarfs and hats. That was the high moment in my day. The rest of the day consisted of cold, cold, cold.

I also applied (at a new low point in my job hunt) to be a sign holder. OUTSIDE!*!#! In the cold! I figure if I get that job it will only motivate me more to find a much, much better job. I've also, always wondered what it was like to be one of those poor people. So, this could be my chance to find out.

To say the least, I'm looking forward to spring.

I'm also keeping my grandma, Mamaw, in my heart and mind while I wait for the seasons to change. Shout out to all of those in VA who are helping her out right now. You guys are awesome. Mamaw, if you get to read this I love you!

2 comments:

  1. I like this post. It made me smile as I was sitting on the cold, Denver, Airport floor. I miss you. Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I'm glad it made you smile. Although, coldness is a serious matter we have on hand here. I really really can't wait for the warm rains and timid rays of sunshine that accompany the first days of spring.

    ReplyDelete