Sunday, September 12, 2010

Checking back in

For a quick update:
I have been staying with my couch surfing hosts in SE Portland for last night and today.Tomorrow I will head over to NE Portland, I think, to stay at another house for a week. After that I will stay in a hostel for a week. Hopefully by then I will have found a place to live more permanently. I have been on the lookout for jobs and homes and things are looking OK.

It is hard for me to express how wonderful people have been in helping me when I didn't know what I was doing or how to do it on my own. Two wonderful Aussie boys named Andrew and Murray that I rode from Chicago to Portland with helped me out so much upon arriving to Portland. Their friend even took me to my couch surfing host's home here in the SE of the city.

Dana, my host, has given me guacamole, breakfast burrito's, and banana bread as well as been a bike tour guide and a friendly conversationalist. She has also shown me some of the stores and such around her part of town. So, I'm becoming a bit more familiar with the city. And Rosie her roommate bough me dinner tonight as a thank you for helping to put her transmission in so that whole experience was pretty awesome.

It's been a good adventure so far and now it's time to buckle down and find some permanent accommodation, such as, a job and a home. Hoping for luck in the days that follow.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment