Sometimes, I don't even have to worry about if I can afford it or not. In my one week of Richmond time, I've already been treated to one tasty meal and a beer or two by the generous personalities in my life.
I'm compiling a richmond list of places that I would like to eat at, some for the first time and some as a loving, returning customer. It's a work in progress, but here's what I have so far.
Places to eat in Richmond, VA
6) Mekong: A few years ago when everyone was tripping over themselves to get some Pho. Mekong was the place to be. I'm not sure why, but up until recently I had no interest. Now, Mekong is on my radar and I will go there before I leave town.
7) Thai Diner: is on the list. But, let's face it, I eat Thai food all the time in Portland from Authentic Thai so I might not make it. However, if I get to a Thai Diner, it'll probably be Thai Diner Too in Carytown because of their proxemity to 8)Bev's: I'm lactose intolerant but I will risk violent illness to eat a little bit of Bev's Ginger ice cream.
10) Pearly's Restaurant: My friends love it and I trust them. It also, seems to be a hit among the Richmond Marathon crowd for which I've always had a special place in my heart.
11) I tried to stop at 10 but
12) Bottoms Up Pizza A pizza joint I still haven't tried, despite the fact that my college boyfriend's modelishous, freshman year roomie worked there, I never brought myself to head downtown for this highly recommended pizza. What can I say? The world of a college freshman is small and there is a certain lack of expendable income during this part of our lives. Nevertheless, I don't know of any other gourmet style pizza places in the area, so this seems like a place to hit up.
That's the list as of right now. Certainly, places were forgotten, Balliceaux for instance. I am open to new possibilities and if I happen to eat somewhere else while I'm here, that's okay. However, these are the mainstay of my Richmond restaurant to do list. I don't want to miss out on more than 20% of these places while I'm here. So, gear up Richmond. I will be eating with you. (Restaurants that weren't mentioned because the list was getting out of hand, but are on my extended list are: 821 Cafe, Mamma Zu's, Edo's Squid, 8 and 1/2)
On a related note: http://thisiswhyyourefat.tumblr.com/
I've gotta go eat lunch.