Friday, February 10, 2012

Comfort

One more restaurant off the list today.

I knocked out Comfort today for a pre-run lunch with some friends and running buddies. "What was had?" you ask. It started off with some sweet tea.

A note: Thank you, the south, for bringing us yet another thing that is good. I know you've had some bad moments with slavery and everything, but you've gone above and beyond with both fried foods and sweet tea.

Next we got into entrees and sandwiches. I picked an entree because I wanted two sides (I really wanted only sides and would have appreciated a  combo side plate option). My friends had respectively, blackened chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes, and a country ham sandwich with potato salad. I personally had meat loaf with squash casserole and french fries. Give me the option and I will always get french fries. That may be something that I need to change, but I deeply love the ol' frenchies, especially with some pesto mayo. But, I digress...

Everyone seemed to enjoy their own meals. I, personally, was not disappointing by mine but I also did not fall in love. Maybe, meatloaf isn't for me. I really don't have much experience with the stuff and in the process of giving something new a chance, I may have found that thing that I don't really like. The squash casserole was cheesy and off the hook and the aforementioned frenchies were classic, salty fried potatoes. Who can complain about that?

Dessert was a caramelized banana topped banana pudding which was plenty rich and would probably overwhelm the individual but we shared. So, it was all good. As it was a dessert, I enjoyed it a whole bunch but it didn't blow me out of the water. I still favor both the tiny pecan pie of Pasture and the appropriately sized tres leches cake of Kuba Kuba. I can't wait to get some pie at Ipanema later.

I've got to step up my running game to deal with all of this eating out. On a pro exercise note, I did get my bike into Richmond today and it is near being completely put together. So, then, I'll be biking everywhere I go in town. I can not wait.

There's my review take it or leave it. Also, if you don't favor being uncomfortably full during your bout of exercise, try to not eat at comfort on the day of exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment