Monday, January 16, 2012

USPS

I've always been a big supporter of the United States Postal Service, as we all should be.

From starting off as the Pony Express, to it's, likely, near end as a slightly more affordable mail service than it's competitors. The USPS has always been the postal delivery service for me. To be fair, I wasn't around during the heyday of the Pony Express. However, I imagine it to have been quite an invigorating event to have mail arrive for you by the hands of a horse riding and (most likely) handsome traveler. 

The USPS never forces you to travel a minimum of 30 mins to get a package that they refused to deliver to you because your doorbell doesn't work. They always have keys to your apartment building where they can leave you packages in the relative safety of your apartment hallway. The USPS has a federal law against other people opening things for you (Can UPS say that? Can Fed Ex say that?). The USPS has specialty stamps and  a generally predictable arrival time. 

If you ask me the Unites States Postal Service is worth saving. So, send more letters. Send some postcards. If you're not sure who to send them to, send them to me. I promise to do the same. As a wise woman once said to me, "Sending people mail is a really cheap way to make them happy". Keep that in mind when you're grumbling about the tiny price increase. And stick with it. 

The USPS didn't fail you when you had a pen pall in the 4th grade. You failed yourself when your forgot to send that pen pall mail. Don't take it out on the innocent. Send me mail.

All the best,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. all right, i guess i'll spent my 28 cents to make you happy.

    ReplyDelete