Friday, June 17, 2011

Keeping it busy

Wow, The last week or so has flown by.

When I got back into town from some delightful family time, I went straight to work. After work I set into getting my house ready for my guest Jamie.

That was Friday.

Saturday, after work, Jamie got into town and the festivities began. Sunday I worked some more (luckily Jamie had to work every morning he was here anyways so it worked out well). We did all kinds of things in our free time though. We made dinner together (I made him make my household banana bread). We went to the highest point in the city and looked out over the beautiful vista while eating delicious sushi. We got food from food carts, we got $2 local beers (and I almost convinced Jamie to go to a Hamercize themed dance party). We went to the Rose Festival and saw a show. We visited Voodoo Donuts and tried three different kinds of donut-Bacon Maple, A little Voodoo doll one, and a vegan oreo one.

Now after working the today and yesterday and running my long run (10 miles) I am off to a Prom Bike ride. Yay for Pedal Pallooza!

2 comments:

  1. I watched a food show this weekend and Voodoo Doughnuts was on it. Apparently its a pretty popular place in Portland. Where the doughnuts pretty good? It looked like they focus on some odd varieties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the donuts were ok. The line is kinda too long and the hype to big for ok donuts. But, it was fun to try something so different.

    ReplyDelete