Saturday, April 30, 2011

back on track

Saturday update! What?! What?! Getting back on track.

All right, here's the scoop. I've been watching this show called Firefly on Netflix and reading East of Eden in my free time. Both fortunately and unfortunately, I haven't had so very much of that free time recently (although I've still managed to blaze my way at a pretty healthy rate through both of those pass times). The reason why I've been so busy is 5 days of work a week and one at the restore as well as some much appreciated visiting time, some much needed runs, and the regular chores.

What I've been coming up against from working and running are some pretty unfun shin splints. I'm working on helping my legs out against those by wearing some insoles. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm training for a race in July and am not trying to get behind on that. Also, I don't think they're really from running as they got much worse in the past week when I was standing on the hard floors at work so much more than usual.

Outside of that I had been waiting on a 2nd job to start but I decided not to take it since I'm working so much at this job and have a guaranteed 4 day work week as well as two consecutive days off for my "weekend" which is not something I'm trying to pass up.

My calendar for the week to come is spotted with work. Monday: serving. Tuesday: work meeting. Wednesday: off. Thursday: serving. Friday: busing. Saturday: serving. Sunday:hosting. Notice- only one of those days is a hosting shift. It's going to be a good week for me!

Any other updates you should know about... Oh yes! Another friend is planning to visit me. It's not for a long time and it's not 100% for certain but I'm feeling pretty excited to have so many people coming to visit me (or at least wanting to) as of late. AND! it was a beautiful day today which made biking to two different grocery stores nothing but a pleasure.

Hope y'all's weekend is heading in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. That other place havent even opened yet? Their a couple weeks late arent they? Its good that your getting more hours at your current place, and your serving now. Bringing in some good tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! they moved their open date back again and I just got a bunch of shifts at Slappy Cakes (some of them are real money shifts too) so I just told them that I was no longer available to work for them.

    ReplyDelete