Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday

My big news for today is that I'm going to have a visitor come April. Daniel Wood, a loyal follower of the blog and dear friend will be gracing Portland with his presence for several days at the beginning of April. It is really nice to have someone (excluding family, who are nice too) come and visit me. It's funny that when he comes out, I'll just have been getting back from the East Coast so we will both be adjusting to Pacific coast time at the same time.

Other than that a hiccup on the training front. It seems as though I may be getting some mild shin splints. I maybe, should have been more careful before I essentially tripled my weakly mileage. I was just so excited! It's OK though. After tomorrow's long run I've got a couple days off and then I'm going to start replacing my shortest runs with bike rides of equivalent time spans. I'm also not going to increase my mileage at all for the next couple of weeks. In fact, due to the bike replacement it will actually fall a bit. Then, I'm going to make every effort to run on people's lawns instead of on the sidewalks. Hopefully all of that will put me in good working order.

Today was my first day as a volunteer at Habitat for Humanity's Restore. It went well. I'm hoping that having two jobs won't get in my way of being able to volunteer when they need me but I'm not going to go around turning down any work.

Other than that, I just drank some sleepytime tea and am about to zonk out. Hope you all have had a good night.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, i made the big news. I am planning on hibernating for the entire flight over. I will feel sorry for the ones who will have to get by me to get to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete