Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Real Deal

Some of you may think I'm getting soft.

What with all the pictures of flowers and blue skies I'd think the same thing if I were you. But here is an update with real information.

I know you're looking for what's happening in my life. I know you're not interested in being placated with pretty pictures. Delicious pictures, on the other hand are in great demand.

I'll start with this. I got another job.
I actually got offered a few different jobs at the same time but the one I took is at a self serve yogurt shop. The benefits of this job as opposed to the other opportunities are that: A) it's closer to my house and B) there's room for advancement. This means that by summer time I could potentially be a manager there. C) I can eat frozen yogurt but not ice cream. I figure it's best to take a job where I can get leadership experience, can stand behind the product, and don't have to bike a half an hour to get there every day. Also, with this job I can keep my currant job. Which is a plus, since I just picked up another bigger money shift and am generally opposed to leaving jobs after only being there a few months.

Next thing is: I entered into a half marathon yesterday! It's at a little island that's just a bit north of Portland and it is on the Fourth of July. Really early in the morning on the Fourth of July. I'm excited because you are supposed to get Strawberry Shortcake after that race. Now I have something to train for AKA the Foot Traffic Flat. A nice bonus of this Half is that it's exactly the right amount of time before a marathon that I'd like to run for me to use it as a stepping block to get trained up for the marathon.

And then let's not forget that yesterday was Pi day. So, I went over to my friend Rosie's house and had some pizza pie.
Pizza Pi

Delicious
I'm about to go for a run now in fact. I've got to work off that Pizza and get ready for that Half.

No comments:

Post a Comment