Monday, October 8, 2012

going thousand miles an hour

To quote a MIA song which is in turn referencing a Jonathan Richmond song, I'm a road runner. 

So, the next three weeks with minimal runs and then a much less metropolitan Marathon than I am used to will be an interesting combination of unusual exercises. Still it will be fun and having this, well run, marathon under my belt feels good. 

I began to think around mile 22 that we are meant to do endurance exercise. Humans are amazing creatures who, I think, benefit from pushing themselves physically as well as mentally. 

I'm on the lookout for new exercise programs. Yoga, biking and swimming are high on my radar. Because, who knows what is next, perhaps a triathlon? 

What are you getting into? How are you planning on staying fit as the leaves change color and the weather grows chilly? 

2 comments:

  1. Beer mug curls and competitive leaf catching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been mountain biking a lot. At first it was scary but now it's totally fun. It is a great aerobic workout -- it's basically like running sprints when you go uphill, because it takes your breath away so much. When I get more money I may get a road bike, maybe next spring.

    ReplyDelete