Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Respect

Oftentimes it is hard to get the respect that you deserve.

Is it because others aren't ready to give as much as you need? It's hard to give that much respect, I'll admit it.  I need a whole lot.

I think the problem, for me, lies in the fact that I am generally happy. People don't take you seriously when you've got a smile on your face. How do you change that? Are you just a surprise to people your whole life? Do you have to sneak up on them with your strength, smarts, your secret serious nature and your ability to really get things done?

I guess, for me, it is better to be undersold than oversold. I can always prove myself. It would be hard to constantly falling short of people's expectations.

Do people make assumptions about you because of your demeanor? Is what they see usually what they get with you? Let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment