Monday, July 30, 2012

Mamaw

Dear sweet Mamaw,

You are a woman, beautiful in faith and generous of character. Full of contradictions, like all of us, your good heart and loving soul were never hard to see.

While it is hard to come to terms with the grasp of death and the idea not doing things with you anymore - to plant (or weed) for, to cry and to laugh with, to cook for or to be cooked for, to eat with, to gossip about the family with, to walk with, send mail to or even to watch TV with, it is a relief to not have you suffer anymore.

I know that faith guided you along in both life and death and am thankful for that. I know that your love for us has made us better people. And God knows that we will miss you.

"Why cry for a soul set free?" I love you more than words can say.



4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Rachel. It is good that the two of you where able to spend a lot of time together this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for that too Dan. It is really good to have spent so much intentioned time with her in the recent past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I make grilled cheese I sort of want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I understand that. There is a flower everyday that makes me want to talk to her about flowers. I used to just store up those mental moments for when I spoke with her or send pictures via someone else's phone so now, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete