Monday, August 22, 2011

On my own

All of the days of the past week have been spent with one homeless friend or another until tonight. Up until this point, I've been helping people move boxes and furniture, driving stuff to and from different storage spaces, and squirreling people's things away at my house. I've come home from work to a friend (and sometimes a dog) at my house, I go to bed and a friend is on my couch but suddenly things have changed

I'm all alone for the evening and I don't know what to do. I took a deep breath, I worked on my art project, I ate some homemade watermelon sorbet, I've watched the first two episodes of Mad Men and I am lonely. What do you do when all of the social interaction you've been having finds another place to stay?

I think that having my space back and getting to be calm is going to prove useful in keeping my sanity but I have fallen in love with the constant bustle of people, in my room, and generally in my space. I'm used to them needing my help and I don't know what to do now that no one needs me.

Oh, well, I'll go to bed, sleep well and wake up to a spacious room in the morning. It's not all bad.

1 comment: